About this Painting. Abstract Portrait Painting. Contemporary Figurative Art. Contemporary Portrait Art.
Condition : New
Signature : Signed by Artist
Certificate of Authenticity : Included
Frame : Not framed. Ask us about framing.
About the Artist
Kelani Fatai is an emerging Nigerian artist. He was born in Mushin, a commercial area in Lagos. At the age of six, he discovered his passion for drawing and has since been working hard to create a niche for himself. After his apprenticeship under two Lagos-based artists, Damilola Opedun and Muyiwa Williams, he was admitted into the prestigious Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos to study art and design in 2014. He eventually graduated from the tertiary institution in 2019 with a Higher National Diploma in painting. Now involved in a full-time studio practice, Kelani Fatai draws his inspiration and creativity from nature and his environment, and inevitably uses them as metaphors in his paintings. A versatile impressionist and realist, his artistic impressions take on form according to the story conjured in his mind. He is, meanwhile, very prolific in oil, acrylic, pastel, water color, and charcoal mediums. Kelani, whose works are greatly admired by locally-based renowned art connoisseurs and collectors, has built a diverse portfolio of commissioned pieces, pastel paintings, water color, oil paintings, charcoal drawings, acrylic paintings, and mixed media works, which attest to the vibrancy of the Lagos art scene. He has been featured in various group exhibitions both within and outside Nigeria.
- Femininity. Group Exhibition. Lorin Gallery (California, USA). 2022
- Florescence. Group Exhibition. Mitochondria gallery (Houston Texas). 2022
- Athens Open Art Group Exhibition (Greece, 2021)
- Boomer Gallery Group Exhibition (London, 2021)
- Karkhama Art Space Group Exhibition (2021)
- Bogobiri Art People & Places Group Exhibition (2021)
- Ogirikan Miniature Art Fair Exhibition (2018 & 2019)
- Vivid Exclusive Art Gallery, Dreams Group Exhibition (2019)
- Life in My City Exhibion (2019) Organised by LIMCAF
- J.P Clark Student Exhibion (University of Lagos, Nigeria) (2016)
- Open House Exhibition, organised by the Department of Fine Art, Yaba College of Technology (2016)
- Orange Art Residency (2021)
- The Artist Ladder Residency (The Artist Ladder 14 Days Art Diary) Tagged “Where There Is Art There is Hope” (2021)
- Artsy Impact (2022)
- Artsy Impact (2021